Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality offers a wonderful experience. You will expect, and receive, a first class management education delivered by highly motivated and qualified staff. But it doesn’t stop there. New friends from all over the world are part of the school's offer with home grown Swiss students waiting for your arrival as well.
Students will quickly discover that Passugg is a perfect place to pursue a top class management education, in familiar surroundings. With students from over 45 countries there is a unique mixture of cultures and languages, together with Swiss tradition, and the awareness of quality and customer service to prepare for a successful career.
Six good reasons to study at Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality
- Familiar atmosphere; With approx. 200 students per semester studying on campus, students find a familiar atmosphere at SSTH. Personal attention is also guaranteed thanks to small classes with not more than 25 students.
- Multi-cultural surroundings combined with Swiss tradition; Students from over 45 nationalities make the campus of SSTH to a crossroad of cultures and languages. Nevertheless the Swissness has it’s tradition and allows the international students to experience the Swiss traditions, culture and the way of living.
- Safe study environment in a tourism region; Thanks to the location students find at Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality a very safe study environment and one of the finest and largest tourism region within Switzerland.
- Career development; The placement office prepares students for the industry placement and always assists during the placement. With an annual recruitment day the link to the industry (international hotel chains, cruise lines, event management companies) is given to find good opportunities of employment for the on-the job training a spart of the school curriculum but more important for the post placement.
- International network with reputed universities; Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality offers a good networt with reputed universities to complete a bachelor degree program other than in Switzerland.
- Well established programs developed over 40 years; Established in 1966, the school has a long tradition and experience in offering hotel management programs. According to different quality management systems and accreditations the programs are regularly developed.
2010 Hotel Management Diploma Ceremony
The SSTH Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality awarded 97 Hotel Management Diplomas on May 27th, 2010. The ceremony took place on the SSTH campus, where students where congratulated and encouraged to set personal goals, to develop an individual life-long learning culture and most important, to love the job. Before the graduates where handed to the diplomas, they were asked to keep the following advice in mind: don’t copy someone else’ s style, stay open minded, never stop learning, and don’t be afraid of making mistakes- in fact build on mistakes.
Among the happy graduates where 49 smiling students in the English speaking department of SSH Swiss School of Hotel and Tourism Management, who received the Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management or the Post Graduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management. The international graduates are from Switzerland, Lithuania, India, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Finland, Germany and the United States of America.
There were also 48 graduates from the German speaking department, with the majority of them originating from Switzerland and Germany.
Upon completion of the diploma ceremony the graduates where served a delicious gala dinner and was celebrated with entertainment and big emotions.
If you want to find out more about SSTH Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality, you can make an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
Description and information about accommodation Passugg
The location of Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality within Graubünden and Switzerland is perfect for almost any kind of sport and free-time activity. Well known holiday resorts such as Arosa, Klosters, Davos, Lenzerheide, Flims-Laax-Falera and St. Moritz, to mention only a few, are in the area, offering a huge choice of free-time and sports activities both in summer and winter. If you are interested in culture you will also find museums, galleries, theatres and other cultural institutions offering interesting and exciting programs.
Besides the numerous regional offers in the area of Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality, you should not forget Swiss cities such as Zurich, Bern, Basel or Geneva, which are always worth visiting for a shopping or sight-seeing tour. All are easily accessible using the ever-efficient Swiss railway system. While in Switzerland you should also pay a visit to some of Switzerland’s tourism landmarks, including Zermatt, a trip by mountain railway up the Jungfraujoch or the Rigi mountain.
Accommodation and Board at SSTH
The costs include accommodation in a standard single room with hot and cold water. A limited number of different types of rooms are available at the School Hotel at a surcharge/discount per semester. After acceptance by the school you will be asked to fill in a room request form to select a preferred room category. Accommodation during spring semester vacation is possible at a small extra charge.
Meals are provided seven days a week during 18 weeks of the semester (Monday - Friday: breakfast, lunch, dinner/ Saturday: breakfast, dinner/ Sunday: brunch, dinner). During vacations, no meals are provided.